Gigatron Black Edition from France

A place to eternalise your Gigatron build photos. From box to BASIC.
Forum rules
Use this forum to show off your build photos. For build issues, please consult the directions in the sticky post on top instead.
Zebulon

Gigatron Black Edition from France

Post by Zebulon »

Hello to the Gigatron community and my best wishes for this new year 2022!

I am an electronic and retro-computing (8-bit maximum) enthusiast. I recently discovered the Gigatron TTL and was more than keen to assemble one and see the result by myself.

So I ordered and just received the kit from Budgetronics. Fast shipping, good packaging the black PCB is really beautiful:
IMG_20220106_100045903.jpg
IMG_20220106_100045903.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 3288 times

I hope to regularly post good news on my progress of the assembly process. Meanwhile I am reading about everything that the community has produced already around this computer and I am amazed to see the creativity and professionalism of those developments.

Stay tuned for further news. :D
Hans61

Re: Gigatron Black Edition from France

Post by Hans61 »

Congratulations and welcome. My first one was also from Budgettronics and also black. You shouldn't have any problems building it. I wish you success.
Zebulon

Post by Zebulon »

Many thanks for the kind words. I have seen your post with the wooden box and also the board that you have mounted with plexiglass panels and blue leds. I find it cool this way. How thick are the panels, 5 mm?
Hans61

Post by Hans61 »

It was hobby glass (acrylic) from the hardware store 25x50cm 4mm thick. A year ago it was still available for € 4.99. I cut a plate into 3 equal parts. So two plates became a simple protection for 3 Gigatron's.
Zebulon

Post by Zebulon »

Thanks for the details. I will have a look at my store.