Problems with Babelfish (Arduino Nano?)

Using, learning, programming and modding the Gigatron and anything related.
Forum rules
Be nice. No drama.
marcelk

Re: Problems with Babelfish (Arduino Nano?)

Post by marcelk »

Exactly. It all makes sense now.
at67
Site Admin

Post by at67 »

I was having a quick play with the new version of BabelFish and couldn't get it to run with my Nano hardware; then it struck me that the hardware configuration for the Nano has changed as it now supports controller and PS2 functionality, which is great and a welcome addition in functionality.

But...it obviously doesn't work, (the controller pass through functionality), with the hardware that I have already built, (the schematic is in my contrib area from last year, so others may have used it as a reference as well); so I suggest that we shoe-horn the old Nano config back in there, (I can do it), under a unique define with the current new config being the default.
marcelk

Post by marcelk »

Yes, please go ahead make a pull request that we can review, maybe refine and then integrate. Perhaps it can be activated by an

Code: Select all

#define hasAt67Setup
or with positive logic

Code: Select all

#define hasPs2
Or directly, by detecting the presence of the extra data and latch pins. Several ways. It surprises me that it took more than a year for somebody to notice that the single pin method doesn't work (ever since Pluggy was released, and that was ages ago).
at67
Site Admin

Post by at67 »

I'll tackle it this weekend, I'm about to release a beta version of my BASIC compiler in the next couple of days.

P.S. I whipped up a quick breadboard version of the new circuit using my second Nano and it works great with the latest BabelFish, although it took me a couple of minutes of head scratching to work out why the P<X> commands weren't working...I needed to run Loader first, /smackhead.