Pluggy Reloaded

Using, learning, programming and modding the Gigatron and anything related.
Forum rules
Be nice. No drama.
johnm60

Re: Pluggy Reloaded

Post by johnm60 »

norgate wrote: 14 Nov 2020, 20:01 Yes, I still have a couple of boards available. Shipping outside of the EU can however still be very slow or expensive right now due to Covid. If you PM me your location I can give you further information. Price for the Kit is €25 + shipping.
Just built my Gigatron and this looks a great addition. Are there any kits or PCBs left?

Cheers
John
norgate

Post by norgate »

Yes, I still have 2 more full kits. I'll PM you about buying one.

I also have 10 PCBs without parts. If anybody is interested I can sell those individually or stock up on parts for more kits.

Shipping prices are mostly back to normal. Shipping times (especially to the US) unfortunately aren't.

Best Regards
Paul
johnm60

Post by johnm60 »

Hi
I built my own pluggy reloaded in the end, thanks.

I wanted to be able to view and load the SD files into the Gigatron without a PC - so apologies if this has already been done.

I have been hacking about with the BabelFish.ino to allow the SD files to be displayed in the loader screen (via ALT-F1) and then to allow on to be loaded by using ALT-Fx where I display these F2 - F12 alongside the name of the SD file.
sdfilelist.png
sdfilelist.png (2.32 MiB) Viewed 3703 times
You can also page down using the up and down arrows if there are more files on the SD than can fit on the page.

I can put in a repo if anyone is interested.

Cheers
John
at67
Site Admin

Post by at67 »

That's great, well done.

If you would like to do a pull request on the main repo here at https://github.com/kervinck/gigatron-rom by adding your own user directory under Contrib: e.g.

Code: Select all

https://github.com/kervinck/gigatron-rom/Contrib/johnm60
If you do decide to do a pull request please make sure you don't modify anything outside your own Contrib area unless you have found a major bug, added a distinct missing feature, solved a known issue, etc.
Cheers.

P.S. I considered doing this a long time ago, but held off as I figured the text display would be so slow that I couldn't live with it, how did the text update rate turn out?
bmwtcu

Post by bmwtcu »

johnm60 wrote: 01 Jan 2021, 17:57 Hi
I built my own pluggy reloaded in the end, thanks.

I wanted to be able to view and load the SD files into the Gigatron without a PC - so apologies if this has already been done.

I have been hacking about with the BabelFish.ino to allow the SD files to be displayed in the loader screen (via ALT-F1) and then to allow on to be loaded by using ALT-Fx where I display these F2 - F12 alongside the name of the SD file.

sdfilelist.png

You can also page down using the up and down arrows if there are more files on the SD than can fit on the page.

I can put in a repo if anyone is interested.

Cheers
John
Great work John! Just out of curiosity, how hard would it be to make the menu navigable via keypad in order to eliminate the PS2 keyboard as well? My long term goal is a Gigatron handheld and that would go a long way toward making that feasible. Yes, please share your repo!
norgate

Post by norgate »

@johnm60 That's a great addition, John! Would love to try this out!

@bmwtcu It shouldn't be too hard to do some kind of gesture recognition on the game controller input in BabelFish (e.g hold Up while pressing Down a number of times to select the file to send). You would just need to choose the gestures so that you don't accidentally use them outside of the Loader.
iabhua

Post by iabhua »

@johnm60 Wow this would be amazing to try out! Only got my Gigatron recently!.

@norgate Any chance you still have kits or even just a PCB available? I would really like to get my hands on one!
norgate

Post by norgate »

@iabhua you can get the last kit I have. I wrote you a PM. Still have plenty of PCBs.
Maniccyberdog

Post by Maniccyberdog »

Hi,

Just getting back into my gigatron. @norgate do you still have any PCBs available?

Andy
norgate

Post by norgate »

Sure @Maniccyberdog, PM sent!