gtBASIC

Using, learning, programming and modding the Gigatron and anything related.
Forum rules
Be nice. No drama.
wbushby

Re: gtBASIC

Post by wbushby »

Here is my beta version of Scott Adams Adventure Land.
I have made several improvements to the core code since the Pirates Adventure release and will upgrade that adventure shortly.
The game plays properly to completion but I haven't tested all potential paths through the adventure.
If you are a fan of the genre give it a try and report any issues back through this forum. I will eventually release the source code for the engine when I have debugged it.
I will now port another adventure.
Attachments
ADVENTURELAND64K.gt1
(20.38 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
bmwtcu

Post by bmwtcu »

Outstanding!
wbushby

Post by wbushby »

Here is the 3rd Scott Adams Adventure, Mission Impossible (or Impossible Mission or Secret Mission)
The game plays properly to completion but I haven't tested all potential paths through the adventure.
If you are a fan of the genre give it a try and report any issues back through this forum. I will eventually release the source code for the engine when I have debugged it.
Attachments
MISSIONIMPOSSIBLE64K.gt1
(20.52 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
wbushby

Post by wbushby »

Here is the 4th Scott Adams Adventure, Voodoo Castle
Attachments
VOODOOCASTLE64K.gt1
(21.2 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Last edited by wbushby on 13 Jan 2022, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
bmwtcu

Post by bmwtcu »

wbushby wrote: 03 Jan 2022, 12:47 Here is my beta version of Scott Adams Adventure Land.
I have made several improvements to the core code since the Pirates Adventure release and will upgrade that adventure shortly.
I've never played this before, but is this a bug that the score is missing the lower end of the scale? Playing on the emulator.
adventurelandscorebug.JPG
adventurelandscorebug.JPG (60.12 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
Thanks!
bmwtcu

Post by bmwtcu »

adventurelanddrophoneybug.JPG
adventurelanddrophoneybug.JPG (58.17 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
Is the game supposed to respond "OK" after I drop the honey?
wbushby

Post by wbushby »

Thank you bmwtcu.
I will fix those issues and post a replacement.

That missing 0 to 100 in the score command. I must have looked at that more than 1000 times and never saw it in testing :)
bmwtcu

Post by bmwtcu »

No prob, thanks for the entertaining distraction :P. Actually I just noticed that DIAMOND BRACELET is mis-spelt too on the same screenshot. Can I suggest that you have a separate thread for each of the 4 games for bug reports? I feel bad posting my massive screenshots clogging up the gtBASIC thread. Or did you already post them on Github?
wbushby

Post by wbushby »

I want to but I am unfamiliar with how to post stuff on it. need to read some instructions
wbushby

Post by wbushby »

Here is the 5th Scott Adams adventure, The Count
Attachments
THECOUNT64K.gt1
(21.55 KiB) Downloaded 104 times