Overview of hard/software subprojects

Using, learning, programming and modding the Gigatron and anything related.
Forum rules
Be nice. No drama.
walter
Site Admin

Overview of hard/software subprojects

Post by walter »

Here's an overview of some of the hardware projects that can be found on the forum and that have sort of a completed status. There are more projects (both hardware and software) that are still work in progress and could maybe use help (screen resolution doubling, FORTH, etc), look through the topics!

Hardware
Software - Gigatron games/applications
Software - other
monsonite

Re: Overview of hard/software subprojects

Post by monsonite »

Walter,

Thank you for summarising these various projects.

As the forum grows, the location of these projects must be a mystery to our new members.

Now we have a list of them all in the one place. - Perfect

Ken
RetroCode

Post by RetroCode »

Indeed, this is extremely helpful, thanks!
Jalecko

Post by Jalecko »

I mostly have been lurking around what everyone has been making here and its nice to have all the mayor projects in one link post
jakepaulo32

Post by jakepaulo32 »

Interesting. This should give me much more insight on what things are being done here. I'm quite a newbie, so this will be very helpful :)
at67
Site Admin

Post by at67 »

I've updated the GT1 repository with additions from hans61, delpozzo and myself.

As always if anyone has GT1 examples/apps/games/etc they would like stored in a central easy to access location, then just send me a PM or reply to this thread; also if anyone wants their GT1 files removed for whatever reason, then flick me a PM.

Cheers.
giobbi

Post by giobbi »

two dumb questions (I searched through the forum but it seems I missed it)....

- how to upload a GT1 file to Gigatron?

- how to build a GT1 file, and from which language?
bmwtcu

Post by bmwtcu »

I assume you are talking about running on real hardware vs running on the emulator. If you have a Pluggy Reloaded, that's probably the most convenient way. Just copy the .gt1 file onto a FAT16/32 formatted SD Card and launch it from the SD Card Browser. Otherwise you can still load it if you have an Arduino. Look at the lcc and gtBASIC threads for the two compilers that I know of with active development.
giobbi

Post by giobbi »

Thank you. I haven't a Pluggy Reloaded, however I wish to buy one, I just dropped a line in the Pluggy thread to know if there's any available yet.
Poe

Post by Poe »

I’ve really enjoyed trying out the GT1 files from various contributors. I’ve had hours of fun. It’s really awesome being able to run so many apps right after building my Gigatron.