Possible ways of speeding up the Gigatron

Using, learning, programming and modding the Gigatron and anything related.
Forum rules
Be nice. No drama.
lb3361

Re: Possible ways of speeding up the Gigatron

Post by lb3361 »

Time is an issue on my side too. And the Gigatron is an infinite time sink... Working on a C compiler for now...
axelb

Post by axelb »

Hans61 wrote: 29 May 2021, 16:19 @lb3361 Through your "128K expansion" I came across the GAL/PAL, thank you.
For understanding the GAL/PAL(CPLD) I still need some time and time is actually my biggest problem. So I have no idea yet if you could still reduce the video accelerator(FIFO) in the chips if you combine both boards. I would be pleased therefore with the support/ideas of the entire circuit.
Glad to hear that the repeater worked out well...
In order to gain experience with GALs myself I could use my XGecu Pro to make some trials with the 128k ROM expander first. Do you have any spare PCBs of the expander which I could use?
Also thank you very much for the nice Sokoban game !
Hans61

Post by Hans61 »

axelb wrote: 30 May 2021, 08:28 Glad to hear that the repeater worked out well...
In order to gain experience with GALs myself I could use my XGecu Pro to make some trials with the 128k ROM expander first. Do you have any spare PCBs of the expander which I could use?
Also thank you very much for the nice Sokoban game !
You meant the 128k RAM Expander from lb3361. If you want a blank PCB, I still have I can give away for 1€ plus shipping as a letter from Germany. Or did you mean a finished board?