Lets see if this pbpBB system works for us

General project related announcements and discussions. Events, other retro systems, the forum itself...
marcelk

Lets see if this pbpBB system works for us

Post by marcelk »

We been looking at setting up a forum, because going on without one is too minimalistic and very inefficient use of everyones time. I have been looking into options:
  • Personally I dislike Google Groups a lot. Almost everything about it rubs me in the wrong way.
  • Stack Overflow has a very unwelcoming and unpleasant community, better avoid it like the plague
  • Reddit can't include images in the postings. I feel it is important to have this
  • Today I tried the bbForum plugin in Wordpress, but it didn't work well so uninstalled it.
  • Next step is to try phpBB. Either self-hosted, or we're going for a rental scheme.
So there we are. I was thinking to split "Kit assembly" from "Hacking", but definitely keep software and hardware hacking in one forum. Then one corner for meta-babble (this sub-forum).
HGMuller

Re: Lets see if this pbpBB system works for us

Post by HGMuller »

Great! I was really missinge a place like this, where we could share ideas about the Gigatron. 8-)
at67
Site Admin

Post by at67 »

Working great so far.
WattSekunde

Post by WattSekunde »

More than one attachment in a reply gives strange results. If you add a second attachment the first preview works normally. But submit or second preview
- removes the first attachment in the list
- places the second under the inline code of the first
- gives an error at the second inline code

A:
B
B
Retro Font.png (8.38 KiB) Viewed 4674 times
B:
The attachment Retro Font.png is no longer available
strange...
marcelk

Post by marcelk »

I see such strange things in one of my posting as well. I have no idea, it seems the preview function alters results? In one case I got a "free", untraceable, image included...

We just installed the forum software from a package and didn't look back. Don't know how to fix it.