VCF Pacific Northwest 2019

General project related announcements and discussions. Events, other retro systems, the forum itself...
marcelk

VCF Pacific Northwest 2019

Post by marcelk »

It's not listed on the VCF website yet, but today we received confirmation that we can exhibit at the Vintage Computer Festival PNW 2019!

Date: The weekend of March 23-24, 2019
Location: The awesome Living Computers Museum+Labs, Seattle, WA
Because: Why not...? It will be awesome...!

Space_Needle_wikipedia_small.jpg
Space_Needle_wikipedia_small.jpg (74.86 KiB) Viewed 4414 times

Exhibitors, schedule, maps etcetera on the VCF website:
http://vcfed.org/wp/festivals/vintage-c ... northwest/

P.S. I booked my flight for a couple of days earlier, and I'm considering to hop over to Portland/Hillsboro/Beaverton as well. Message me if you want to meet up.
Huskeyw

Re: VCF Pacific Northwest 2019

Post by Huskeyw »

Good meeting you today, built out the kit with my son, did not take long, we listened to pink floyd the wall to get a idela of how long it took. Now working through some basic and looking at ram upgrade...
al6o

Post by al6o »

Just made it home from Seattle with my brand new Gigatron. Super stoked to use it. Plugged it in here and it still works great. Got the Pluggy McPlugface to work, played around with Wozmon and Basic a bit and can't wait to dig into it some more. It was great meeting you and hanging out at the Living Computer Museum. I had never heard of the place and wouldn't have gone if it weren't for the Gigatron. I'll be telling all my friends and coworkers, especially the ones in Seattle, about the Museum. It took me just over 2 hours to solder the kit and it worked the first time. Love it!
walter
Site Admin

Post by walter »

al6o wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 09:48 It took me just over 2 hours to solder the kit and it worked the first time. Love it!
Congrats! I take it you have some soldering experience :-)
marcelk

Post by marcelk »

I posted a photo impression on the Hackaday blog: https://hackaday.io/project/164176-giga ... nspiration