gtBASIC

Using, learning, programming and modding the Gigatron and anything related.
Forum rules
Be nice. No drama.
wbushby

Re: gtBASIC

Post by wbushby »

Here is Scott Adams 10th Adventure, Savage island Part I

File deleted as upgraded file uploaded on 03 February 2022
Last edited by wbushby on 03 Feb 2022, 15:47, edited 1 time in total.
wbushby

Post by wbushby »

Here is an updated copy of Savage Island Part 1. I found a 2 bugs in the core code that caused some conditions and actions to be skipped making it hard to get around the bear.

I am also including Savage Island Part 2.
Attachments
SAVAGEISLANDII64K.gt1
(24.29 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
SAVAGEISLAND64K.gt1
(22.06 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
wbushby

Post by wbushby »

Here is an fan based anonymous adventure game designed to run with the Adventure International engine.
I have included the source code where the data tables have been commented extensively to show how the whole data structure works to describe the game and it's actions.
Attachments
Bond64k.txt
Rename to gbas so you can compile it
(58.72 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
BOND64K.gt1
(21.5 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
NewTechPhobic

Post by NewTechPhobic »

After several very unproductive hours and complete information overload I'm stuck! I wanted to have a go with gtBasic, I followed the GitHub link to Gigatron_rom, contributers, AT67 but the readme file is about the emulator is gtBasic integral/add-on to the emulator?
Have I missed something (or several somethings?)
Is there a (who gives a dam about viruses) ready to rock download? There is not a hope in hell of me building/assembling call it what you like, of me putting it all to gether if I have create multiple directories via multiple paths either at the command prompt or via some C tool I never knew existed.
at67
Site Admin

Post by at67 »

I can create a Win10 x64 build for you, (64 bit), zip it up and add a DropBox link in this thread.

The gtemuAT67 package does have gtBASIC built into it, so you can just click on files for building, emulating or uploading to real HW etc.

There is also a standalone console based version of gtBASIC, which would you prefer?
NewTechPhobic

Post by NewTechPhobic »

Thank you for youre kind offer, I think I would prefer the gtemuAT67 package it has everything I need, incidentaly my PC is running windows 10 Pro 64 bit (I hate it!). I was unaware there was a standalone console version it sounds interesting is there a link to it, it may make an interesting future add-on.
at67
Site Admin

Post by at67 »

Here's a link to the current v1.0.9R as a Win10 x64 executable and associated files, (including the tools directory).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jxyvh6jmr8tdv ... R.zip?dl=0

This zip file doesn't contain all the examples and tutorials for gtBASIC, you need to clone or download them from here:
https://github.com/at67/gigatron-rom

P.S. The examples are contained within Contrib/at67/gbas, but it's still easier to clone or download the entire directory shown above.
NewTechPhobic

Post by NewTechPhobic »

I installed the emulator in C:\users\gtemuAT67_v1.0.9R to keep the path short and simple, when I run the program all I get is the command prompt with the following message;
"Audio::initialise() : failed to initialise SDL audio"
Have I missed something? The com port number in the config is right for my setup are there any of the Windows C++ components required to make it work.
at67
Site Admin

Post by at67 »

I haven't seen this error before, I need to ask some obvious questions.

1) Does sound in general work OK on your PC?

2) Do games have sound functioning correctly?

You might have to install SDL2 onto your machine manually and delete the SDL2.dll file in your gtemuAT67 folder.

By default SDL2 tries to use DirectSound, (part of Microsoft's DirectX series of API's), which will probably already be installed on your Windows if you have installed any DirectX games.
NewTechPhobic

Re: gtBASIC Dumb mistake

Post by NewTechPhobic »

I'm emarrased to say the SDL initialisation failed because I had unplugged my PC speakers to use for the Gigiatron, the disconnect caused sound card go off line. The emulator runs programs OK and makes downloading to the Gigatron dead easy. It's way past my bedtime I will investigate the emulator fully tomorrow.