Anyone got one for sale?

General project related announcements and discussions. Events, other retro systems, the forum itself...
daveculp

Anyone got one for sale?

Post by daveculp »

I was too late........ I wanted to buy a kit, decided to pull the trigger and it looks like I was a couple months late.

On the off chance someone bought a kit and never assembled it fully, I would be willing to possibly purchase it.

If it would sway your decision, Im a teacher who runs an after school robotics/maker club and have done so for 22 years (Just google "David Culp Perry Robotics") and this would be put into the hands of kids.

Thanks!

David Culp
klf

Re: Anyone got one for sale?

Post by klf »

There is a Dutch company selling kits: https://www.budgetronics.eu/en/building ... a-25779-20
jbailey

Post by jbailey »

Be aware of that the new kits dont come with a printed manual (but the original was open sourced), the game controller, nor the wooden case. That said it looks like a viable kit and its best used with a keyboard for full functionality. If you want a game controller they can be found on verious websites just make sure its a 5v not 3v version.
Woozgorf

Post by Woozgorf »

Hi Dave,

This is Jean-Philippe, from France.

Well, I still have one complete original kit from Gigatron.
I bought it on June 13, 2020, opened and checked the package when it arrived, and that's all !

I didn't (and still don't) have any time to built it.
So selling it is the right decision.

If you are still interested, just let me know.
I can send you pics of the kit and package by email.

The asking price woujd be ... well ... original price (€149 / $175) plus shipping costs.
I noticed that you are involved in education, thus I'm not going to make any proffit.
I think it's a fair deal.

You can reply to this post (not sure I'll be very reactive), or contact me for further information via my email : jeph2276@free.fr.