Probably the stupidest use of a Gigatron-TTL ever

A place to eternalise your Gigatron build photos. From box to BASIC.
Forum rules
Use this forum to show off your build photos. For build issues, please consult the directions in the sticky post on top instead.
giobbi

Probably the stupidest use of a Gigatron-TTL ever

Post by giobbi »

Hi,
this is the third Gigatron-TTL I've built. The previous two are fully functional and I use sometimes to play a little, upload stuffs by the SD card etc., but I still had a couple to build, including this one - that's the first one I bought as diy kit from an eBay seller.

Since this is the only one with black mask and will all the right components (I've built the others -green mask PCB- using resistors instead of resistor arrays, etc. so visually they aren't so good and also I've mod them with the 64k mod), I decided to transform it in a piece of art (my son told me it's ok if I will put it in a place where nobody will see it LOL)

I simply use what I have at home for the frame, so the result is quite odd, however it's ok because nobody will see it (but you)
IMG_20231113_211520.jpg
IMG_20231113_211520.jpg (1.5 MiB) Viewed 4013 times
I modify the boot menu so the mandelbrot starts automatically at the boot, but I was wondering if there's any other better demo; it's quite boring IMO. It would be fine a PAC-MAN or INVADERS self demo, or something like that.
petersieg

Re: Probably the stupidest use of a Gigatron-TTL ever

Post by petersieg »

I like the build.
There are many more possibilities for art displays. For example:
https://www.seti.org/seti-institute/pro ... bo-message

One needs to implement them and look for a way to switch between them after some minutes (10-20min).

Together with a spi network time (esp32 etc.) and wheather forecast display ;-)

Have fun,
Peter